Send Money Internationally: How to Transfer Money From Canada With Ease
It seems like almost everyone has a story to tell about the hassle of sending money internationally. Although technology has been a great help in this regard, many people still have to deal with the challenges that come with high fees and slow transfer times.
The good news is that you can send money from Canada with ease using Africhange.
What is Africhange?
Africhange is a blockchain-powered online money transfer platform that provides an easy-to-use way to send money from Canada to Mexico and Nigeria.
Although the remittance platform leverages the use of blockchain, you don’t need to own bitcoin or any other cryptocurrency to access it and enjoy the benefits.
Send Money to Nigeria and Mexico with Ease
From Nigeria, for example, the number of immigrants to Canada overtakes that of other countries. From 2015, the number of Nigerians gaining permanent resident permits has tripled.
The dynamic of Nigerian culture requires you to take care of your family back home. Therefore, there is a great need for a smooth money remittance platform within reach.
Aside from inter-personal reasons for the need for a remittance platform like Africhange, remittances provide huge economic value for the recipient country. Also, the cost of sending money abroad is no small one. Some pay a transfer fee of up to 7% of a 200 US dollar transfer.
Fortunately, Nigerian and Mexican immigrants in Canada now have an easy-to-use platform to send money back home.
Getting Started on Africhange
The steps to sending money on Africhange are surprisingly easy. You can send money any time without any difficulty changing your CAD to naira or pesos. The process is done on the website as there is no mobile app available for Africhange just yet. The site, however, is mobile-friendly.
To get started, you want to first sign up on the platform by visiting the website https://africhange.com/signup
After signing up, you will be immediately directed to take a short Know Your Customer (KYC) process. The process is simple and will take you a maximum of five minutes to complete. Note that you will need at least one government-recognized ID to get to set up.
Going forward, you will find below the detailed steps to help you through the signing-up process.
Step A: Sign up to create an account for free
- Visit the Africhange website https://africhange.com/signup
- You will be directed to a page where you are to enter your email, name, gender, and create a password.
- Proceed to verify your email address.
- After verifying, log in to the Africhange platform.
- Update your profile.
- Once your profile is updated, you can begin your KYC process.
Step B: The Know Your Customer (KYC) Process
The KYC process is a measure put in place for financial companies to identify, verify, and determine the suitability of a user for their services.
- When you see a red notification at the bottom part of your screen, click on the icon ‘here’ to begin your KYC process.
- Next, you will need to provide some government-approved documents to assure authenticity.
- Click on the begin verification button.
- Then you will be asked which country issued the document you’re about to submit. Note that the documents to be submitted vary depending on the country you select, so it could be your passport, driver’s license, or some other form of ID. However, you are only required to submit one.
- When you select the document, you then get the option to either upload it or directly capture it with your camera.
- Next is the facial verification to ensure it is really you. This is done by the device scanning your face and requiring you to tilt slightly to the left and right. Be sure your environment is properly lit for facial verification.
- Once your identity is confirmed, your KYC process is complete.
Step C: Updating your User Profile
To start making transfers, you need to complete your profile by updating certain information, including your country, phone number, city, and occupation.
Converting Canadian Dollars (CAD) to Naira or Pesos
To do this:
- Input the amount you want to send to a Nigerian or Mexican account
- You instantly get to see the naira or pesos equivalent of the CAD.
- Next, you enter the details of the recipient, including their account name, email address, bank name, and account number.
- What you do next is transfer the Canadian dollars to Africhange through the Interac E-transfer.
- Upon receiving the funds, the remittance platform instantly converts the funds to bitcoin and settles the recipient’s account in naira or peso-equivalent.
Using the Interac E-Transfer
One untroubled way to make dollar transfers in Canada is via Interac E-transfer. To do this, you need a bank account using the Interac network. You also need an active email address.
Follow these steps:
- Sign in to the mobile banking app or the bank’s online platform;
- Go straight to the Interac E-transfer icon;
- Type in the Africhange E-transfer email address;
- Input your desired amount and then send.
As soon as the transfer is done, the platform converts the funds to bitcoin and sends the cash to the recipient’s bank account.
The Unique Advantages of Africhange
There are many benefits you stand to gain by using the Africhange remittance platform, including:
- Great exchange rates.
- Low cost of transfer execution.
- Near-instant and easy international money transfer.
- Speed and security via the blockchain.
- Awesome customer support and experience.
- Supports all major banks.
Losing money in the process of sending money internationally has ended with Africhange. To start sending money internationally today, sign up to Africhange.